After a horrid last round, I have had to try something new this week when making my picks, and I have come up with a set of rules, a method if you like, for making my Super Rugby picks… the rules are
- In a derby, whether it be SA, AUS, or NZ, the home side will always be picked.
- A team will never be picked if it is their first game on tour.
- Whenever there is a match that I am unsure about, the home team will be picked.
- When NZ teams go up against AUS or SA opposition, never pick the NZ team.
- When the KINGS play they will always be picked. (this rule trumps all the other rules, and is probably the one rule nobody else should listen to, as I have this rule only because I am a Southern Kings supporter, so I will pick them no matter what)
So with this method in mind, my picks for this weekend are:
WARATAHS to beat Crusaders by 2
BRUMBIES to beat Hurricanes by 8
HIGHLANDERS to beat Blues by 1
REDS to beat Rebels by 10
KINGS to beat Stormers by 4
CHEETAHS to beat Bulls by 6
I’m excited to see how this method works out….. Bring on the weekend!!
Follow on twitter: https://twitter.com/MatthewNepgen
Follow on instagram: http://instagram.com/sasportsblog
Like on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/sasportsblog