The takealot.com Cape Town 10s, the biggest 10s rugby event have announced its line-up of star-studded international sporting legends who will be participating in the tournament taking place on the 6th and 7th February 2015 at Hamilton’s Rugby Club in Green Point.
Some of the big-name players who will be competing in the Legends team include:
· Christian Cullen: Former New Zealand International full back and joint 9th highest try scorer of all-time
· Carlos Spencer: Ex-All Blacks player and current head coach of the EP Kings
· Bob Skinstad & Rob Fleck: Co-founders of the Cape Town 10’s who will be there on the field and hosting the event
· James Dalton: Ex Springbok player, member of the team that won the 1995 Rugby World Cup
· Breyton Paulse: Former Springbok and member of the 2006 winning Tri Nations side
· Butch James: Ex Springbok, part of the team that won the 2007 Rugby World Cup
Former Protea Captain, Graeme Smith and Cape Cobras all-rounder Justin Kemp have been assigned to manage the Legends, providing tactical game plays and team advice. Other legends set to join in on the action include former Scottish players Andy Beattie and Matt Proudfoot and local Legends Hottie Louw and Anton Van Zyl.
Look forward to 2 days packed with rugby and netball action – with 100 rugby teams and 50 netball teams from 11 provinces and abroad. With up to 18 000 spectators, live music from some of SA’s top bands, delicious food from Food Lovers Market, a massive beer tent as well as play areas and activities for the kids, the festival is set to be the event of the summer!
Book tickets soon to avoid disappointment!