We are just a day away from the 6th annual Nokia Cape Town Tens, which will be kicking off at Hamilton’s in Green Point this weekend, and as promised, the 2014 event is set to be one for the books!
With over 100 rugby teams, 30 netball teams and a selection of Rugby Legends competing throughout the weekend there is of course non-stop sporting action and excitement. But as most know, Tens is not only about sports!
Visitors can look forward to:
· Free entrance for ladies before 5pm on Friday – With 2,500 rugby players involved we thought this was plenty of testosterone so we invite female spectators to join us for free before 5pm on Friday!
· The Nokia Experience – As the Headlines sponsor of The Nokia Cape Town Tens, Nokia will be treating spectators to a gaming mechanic called the penalty kick-off with spot prizes to be won. Nokia will also be facilitating a Nokia stretch tent zone offering life-size Nokia touch screens, phone charging stations, a free Wi-Fi zone and 3 pop-up photo booths around the grounds. They will also be present with a VIP Lounge offering complimentary Wi-Fi for their guests.
· Going Macoocoo – Get all scores, fixtures, results, statistics and much more online through www.macoocoo.com and make your tournament experience even more exciting!
· Food glorious food – Food Lover’s Market has become the exclusive food partner of the event and will be delivering a unique and premium food experience for players and spectators alike – including hot and cold food zones, buffet breakfasts and a sushi area. Delicious!
· Something for the little ones – We’ve got Rugby Tots, TAG Rugby, Western Province Netball Academy, jumping castles and many other activities to keep kiddies entertained throughout the weekend so please feel free to bring them along – all kids under 12 enter for free! The Kids Zone will be open on both days from 10:00 – 18:00.
· Great music and plenty of dancing – Once again we have some amazing entertainment lined up for you including DJ Sox, Goodluck, Me and Mr Brown, The Rockerfellas, The Rivertones, and have partnered with Deco Dance in Sea Point to open their doors for the Cape Town Tens AFTER PARTY. Bands kick off the party from 17:00 on Friday and Saturday.
· Safe travels – of course Tens is about having fun, but please do so safely. This year we have partnered with Uber taxi’s who are offering spectators R150 off a ride to or from the event. Visit www.uber.com/go/NOKIATENS for more.
· Touch, pause, engage – For those who visit the Cape Town Tens this weekend, show your entry wrist band the Springbok Museum at the V&A Waterfront on Sunday the 9th Feb and receive a 20% discount on tickets!
With all of this and more we hope to see the Mother City join us for a fantastic weekend of sports, entertainment, food and fun for the whole family!
Tickets are R100 and are available from www.webtickets.co.za. Book a private table for 10 for R2000 which includes entry for ten, 10 x prego rolls, 2 jugs of beer and own private waitrons from www.webtickets.co.za or email email@example.com for more info!
For more general info visit www.capetowntens.com or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow the action on Twitter @TensRugby #NokiaTens and on Facebook www.facebook.com/capetowntens