The Nokia Cape Town Tens has announced its line-up of international and local rugby Legends who will be participating in 2014!
The sixth annual Nokia Cape Town Tens, currently the biggest tens tournament in the world, will take place at Hamilton’s Rugby Club, on 7th and 8th February 2014, with 100 rugby teams participating, including an international Rugby Legends team.
Some of the big-name players who will be competing in the Legends team include:
- Waisale Serevi – Fijian Rugby legend, who is considered one of the greatest Sevens players of all time will be making his first appearance at the Nokia Cape Town Tens
- Josh Lewsey – Former England star, Lewsey’s rugby career spanned 10 years, with 55 caps and 22 tries scored. He also played in the 2005 British & Irish Lions Tour and participated in Cape Town Tens in 2013
- Paul Volley – English Rugby Union Player who played for the Wasps for 16 years. He then went on to play for Castres Olympique in France, the Harlequin – Wasps’ London rivals and London Scottish in 2008.
- Carlos Spencer – Ex-All Blacks player. Spencer currently coaches for The Kings in Port Elizabeth
- Bob Skinstad & Rob Fleck – Co-founders of the Nokia Cape Town Tens will be there on the field and hosting the event
- Butch James – Former Springbok and a member of the team that won the 2007 Rugby World Cup, James now serves as the backline and kicking coach for the Varsity Shield side UKZN Impi
- Percy Montgomery – Former Springbok player who held the all-time records for both caps and points scored by the time he retired from the game in 2008
- Makhaya Ntini – Keeping in-line with the rugby vs cricket trend of late, former Proteas fast bowler Makahaya Ntini will be participating in the Nokia Cape Town Tens this year
Other Legends joining the festivities include former English players Chris Sheasby, Garath Archer and local Legends Hottie Louw and Stefan Terblache to name a few!
Rub shoulders with your favourite rugby stars whilst enjoying the electric atmosphere with live bands, massive beer tent, delicious food as well as play areas and activities for the kids.
Do not miss out on this fantastic event and grab your tickets today!
NOKIA CAPE TOWN TENS 2014 DETAILS:
· Date: 7 & 8th February 2014
· Venue: Hamilton’s Rugby Club, Green Point
· Cost: R100 from www.webtickets.co.za. Ladies receive free entry on Friday before 17h00. All kids under 12 enter for free
· Corporate packages: R2000 for private table for 10, includes 10 x entry, 10 x prego rolls, 2 x jugs of beer, own waitron and bar.
Follow the action on Twitter @TensRugby and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/capetowntens.